For microphone echo, reverb, or distortion issues please follow the instructions below.
NOTE: If the microphone is working properly within the hardware settings but still not in the microphone test itself, we then suggest switching web browsers to ensure it is not a browser configuration issue that is causing the error.
For a Windows-based computer:
- Locate your Windows taskbar clock (typically at the bottom right corner of your display) and right-click on the speaker icon located in the same general area. And then Select “Recording devices”.
- Double click your active microphone device (identified by a green check).
- Select the Listen tab and uncheck "Listen to this device." Then click OK, which will return you to the Sound menu.
- Click OK to close the Microphone Properties window. From the Sound Menu, select the
- Playback tab and then Double click your active speaker device (identified by a green check).
- Select the Enhancements tab and then check "Disable all enhancements" or "Disable all sound effects."
- In some cases, there may not be an Enhancements tab, if not then this setting does not apply to you.
- If you do not have a sound icon next to your timestamp, click on the Windows icon at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Go to the control panel and click. Locate your sound settings tab (it will either be in a folder saying “sound” or “Hardware and Sound”)
- Click “hardware and sound”
- Locate the sound folder and click that also.
- Once in the sound folder, click on the tab at the top stating “Recording”.
- Locate the device which you are using (usually the one with a green check on it) and click it.
- Once highlighted, go down to the bottom right and click properties.
In 'Properties', go to the top and click the tab levels and make sure your microphone is up and that it is not muted.
- If the mic is muted you will see a red “/” going through the microphone on the right, make sure you do not see that.
Please be aware that we test using recent versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. Some features may not be available when using other web browsers.
If you are experiencing difficulty while using another browser, our recommendation is to switch to either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. At that point, if you are still experiencing difficulties, please submit a ticket to our technical support team.